Sunday, May 22, 2016

From One to Another


Hey my lovely strawberries! It's been a while, so I thought I'd give you a little in sight of my day today since ALOT happened! So, yesterday was the last performance of Saturday Night Fever and I can honestly and sincerely say, it was my favorite show, cast and crew to work with in all my years on stage! And although I only had 3 lines and a 15 second dance solo, I had so much fun working on it with everyone! I'm so proud of everyone for working together to the best of their abilities to pull this show off. We only had 7 weeks to do it, and we worked 6 days a week for about 7 hours. We've even stayed at the theater past midnight on a school night. But it was worth it. I've never felt closer to a cast before, and everyone is like a brother and sister or mother and father to me. They guided me, laughed at my jokes, put up with my silliness, and gave me lots of love. I'm still known as a youngling in the theater, but I feel like I've gotten closer to cast members and directors who I've worked with in previous shows. At the cast party, well, I didn't want to leave. I knew there would be some who I would see again, but others I knew I would probably never return to the theater. Let's just say when I got the text from my dad saying he was in the parking lot, ready to pick me up, I knew I would have to say good bye to everyone. And if things weren't sad enough, For Good from Wicked was playing in the background. I started tearing up as I gave everyone a good bye hug, but it wasn't until I hugged the lead was it when I really started to let it out since he was my favorite to work with and I knew he probably wouldn't come back. All the cast members, directors, choreographers, producers, assistants and others said such nice things as I hugged them. I was so sad to leave, but I knew it was going to happen at some point. 


As for today, well it was pretty much just a waiting game. About a week ago, I auditioned for the next production at the theater which is Thoroughly Modern Millie. I didn't get a call back, but I knew all the directors, producers and choreographers involved so I knew for a fact, I would be in it. However, last night during the show, they began sending out emails and calls to the cast saying they got in and what part. However, I never got a call/email. It was the middle of SNF still, and I had to keep my energy levels up. I tried not to think about it, but the rest of the cast was saying they got a call/email, I didnt want to be the one person in SNF who didn't make it into TMM. Even this really annoying girl who has a REALLY bad reputation got in! This morning, I checked my emails and voice mails, still nothing. I went out to lunch and when I came back, nothing. I wanted to record stuff or maybe draw or write a song, but I was afraid the phone would ring while I was doing that, and I would pick it up in time. My hope levels were dropping fast. I kept researching other theaters so I would have something to do this summer, and I stumbled across one that was holding auditions tomorrow. I figured if I didn't hear from them by today, I was going to auditions there. I basically carried my phone around all day and made sure I wasn't wearing ear buds. However, during dinner, the phone rang and within a second I answered it! It was the theater and they told me I was placed in the ensemble and rehearsals started the 1st week of June! I wasn't really thrilled with the ensemble, but hey. I got in! That's all that matters to me! I can't wait to begin working with another group of amazing and talented people, and I hope to see some people from SNF there as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment