Friday, October 14, 2016

How Can You Not Care?


Image result for anime girl hugging animal

Hey guys. I wish this was a more happier post, considering I haven't posted in a while, but I'm afraid to say it's not. As most of you know, or should know, I am a very passionate vegan and I believe very strongly in animal rights. Because I believe that this earth wasn't just made for us, and these animals were meant to live their own lives peacefully. Not to be our food, clothes or entertainment. And it's a very sensitive topic to me, as it is to most vegans. But every vegan always bumps into those few people who wanna start an argument that animals are food. And the most typical things we hear are "but it tastes so good", "God wanted us to eat animals", "we were made to eat meat", etc. But today, I came across a different one. A very different one. I almost wanted to cry because of it, but I managed to hold it back because I didn't want to seem like a little, whiny vegan baby. And that new phrase (I remember word for word) was this:

"I just don't care. I've seen plenty of those videos but I just feel no emotion towards them. I've never had any feelings toward animal rights. I care more about humans than animals. Honestly, I just don't care about animals."

Like...what...vegan or not I'm sure anyone would be shocked to hear this. But to say it to a vegan is just too far. My protective vegan instincts began kicking in and I began showing him different pictures of slaughtered animals, all of which were still alive while they were in that horrible condition, some of which he couldn't even recognize because they were so mangled. But still, he just told me he didn't care each time. I really wanted to cry because if I showed it to anyone else, I wouldn't expect them to go vegan, but they would at least cringe or emotional. But he straight up told me he didn't care. I tried asking him "what if that was you? What if you were the one with a hook through your jaw while you were still alive and concious?" Then he said, "But it's not. And besides, the hook would puncture something and I would lose all feelings." Which btw, is total bs, I looked it up as soon as I got home. 
I don't know if he cared and just didn't want to admit it or not, but life lesson, you don't say those kinds of things to vegans! Animals are part of our lives and we love them with all our hearts! Especially me! And no offense, but honestly, I love animals more than I love humans. And yes, I know, I am a human but I'm really ashamed to be one! Animals have always been there for me when no body else was! They never judge you, they're kind, they're loving, they're loyal, and they don't judge you for your life choices. Seriously, I've told more things to my dog then to my parents! I've told her about bullies, my bad days, I've cried in front of her! Heck, I never told my parents how suicidal I was, but I would always tell my dog. She's seen the blades go through my wrist and she'd always be there to lick my wounds. Animals are more of friends to me then humans will ever be. And if you don't like that...guess what?
...I don't care...


No comments:

Post a Comment