Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Day in Isolation

 


Hey icey pops! So if you haven't heard, I got the covid. Truly not a fun time. I first thought I was getting a cold, but since both my parents were positive that past week I decided to take a test. Sure enough, I was positive. So I thought I'd share with you kind of an isolated day in my life. 

So I wake up feeling disgusting and phlegmy (yummy), so I run to the bathroom and do some salt water gargles to help rinse out the mucus. Then from all the coughing my throat is beyond sore, so I put my mask on and go down to the kitchen to make some lemon water with honey. For breakfast, my mom brought me up oatmeal with freeze dried strawberries and some Lipton tea. After I ate I took some Airborne and DayQuil to help my immune and respiratory system. 

I opened my windows to air out all the germs and turned on my little cool mist humidifier to help moisten the air. I also added some Eucalyptus essential oil to my diffuser since that helps clear my sinuses. I did my morning journal prompt in my gratitude journal and then read a chapter of Alyssa Milano's Sorry Not Sorry. I finished the morning off with some yoga and meditation for sickness and covid. The meditation had some really great breathing exercises which felt amazing. 

Then, of course, I checked Twitter and was greeted by all your lovely get well messages and art (thank you all so much for your love). I then checked in on my summer class which starts today to find all the assignments posted. I did 2 assignments and scheduled out the rest of them in my Notion. If you don't use Notion I 100% recommend it, it helps me stay organized and makes me feel like I have my life together. 

For lunch I had a granny smith apple with peanut butter which was very yummy, while watching an episode of Ninjago which is honestly one of my favorite comfort shows. I was feeling nostalgic so I decided to watch the first episode of Rise of the Serpentine. Brought back memories. After staying trapped in my room all day, I decided I needed some fresh air, so I decided to go outside and read Girl Online: On Tour by Zoe Sugg. I've been absolutely obsessed with the Girl Online series lately and it actually helped inspire me to restart this blog. 

My mom brought me home Starbucks which was nice. My go-to order is a venti strawberry refresher with light ice, but they put lemonade in it this time which made me a little annoyed. But I figured my body and throat could use the citrus fruit. I headed back inside since it was REALLY hot and I began to feel a bit light headed, so I continued my reading in my room and did my afternoon journal prompt. It's weird, I have so much time now that I'm in isolation and I have a lot I would like to do during this time. However, I feel like I need to get it all done as soon as possible, I just need to chill and keep reminding myself I have SOOOO much time. 

I decided to work on some more class work and finally called it quits after this one section had three parts and I was like hell no. So I decided to edit my Persephone voice reel that I had recorded a few months back and actually ended up posting it. For dinner my mom brought me Taco Bell which I ordered a veggie power bowl which was very yummy. If you're a pescatarian like me, I 10/10 recommend. I also got a package from Shein which was exciting! I was going to open it but decided to wait til tomorrow as it would give me something to do. 

I took a shower just to wash all the gross, ick off of me and got into some clean, comfy pj's. I'm ending the night lighting my throat chakra candle which smells of eucalyptus and tea tree oil. And I'm getting ready to settle down to watch a spooky movie with a glass of wine (yes I'm 21, don't come for me).

That was pretty much my day in isolation. Nothing fancy or fun but I'm trying to stay as occupied as possible. Thank you all again for your love and support, and stay safe and healthy! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment